Finding a child-friendly destination is not always easy. You don’t want to be kept awake all night by rowdy partygoers. You also want to make sure that there are plenty of fun activities for all of the family to enjoy; adults and children alike. This is why Hong Kong is a great family holiday destination. In this guide, we will reveal everything you need to know about visiting Hong Kong. This includes information on the best places to visit, as well as the various reasons why you should visit this part of the world with your family.
Why should you visit Hong Kong?
• Unique culture – A trip to Hong Kong is an experience like none other. It is often described as the location whereby ‘east meets west’. This is because it boasts a beautiful blend of Chinese roots mixed with a British influence.
• Weather – If you like it hot then you are going to love the heat of Hong Kong.
• Architecture – There are way over one thousand skyscrapers in Hong Kong and plenty of other buildings to marvel over. Simply walking down the street is an experience in itself because of all the amazing buildings and structures.
• Delicious food – Hong Kong is often described as the culinary capital of Asia. Once you take a bite of the local food you will know why.
What to do with the kids in Hong Kong?
One of the reasons why you should visit Hong Kong is because there are so many different things you can do with the children. Let’s take a look at some of the best…
• Hong Kong Disneyland – Disneyland! Need I say anymore?!?! This is fairly small in comparison to other Disneyland theme parks. However, this is a quality a lot of people have noted they prefer. It makes it less intimidating for younger children and allows you to enjoy the full theme park rather than feeling like you have gone home and missed out on aspects.
• Peak Tram – A little bit of history and culture for you, and a ride on a cool tram for the kids. This has been Hong Kong’s most reliable form of public transport from The Peak and the Central District since 1888.
• Hong Kong Science Museum – To say this is a fascinating attraction would be an understatement. There are more than 500 exhibits to enjoy. This is a hit with the children because most exhibits encourage interaction.
As mentioned earlier, one of the reasons why you should search for cheap flights to Hong Kong for a family trip today is because of the delicious food.
What are some of the best foods to enjoy in Hong Kong?
• Dim Sum
• Beef Brisket Noodles
• Snake Soup
• Egg Waffles
• Black Truffle Scrambled Eggs
• Milk Tea
• Roasted Suckling Pig
• Egg Tart
• Eel Clay Pot Rice
Once you taste these delicious treats you won’t want to leave! However, getting to Hong Kong needs to be first on your agenda before thinking about all of the culinary delights. Where can you find cheap flights to Hong Kong? Well, there are lots of comparison websites online today, which enable you to search through all of the different flight options with ease. You should make the most of these. If you can be flexible in terms of dates, do so. You would be surprised by how much you can save by flying a day or two earlier or later.
Finally, let’s end with a bit of practical advice regarding visiting Hong Kong. It is a good idea to check the UK Government website, as they have travel advice for Brits visiting any part of the world. You should also make the most of blood pressure checking services and any other check-up services before you fly abroad, as you may need vaccinations before your trip or your doctor may recommend some tablets for your journey. Don’t forget health insurance either!
All things considered, it is not hard to see why Hong Kong is such a great spot for family holidays. Will you be taking a trip here anytime soon? *Contributed post*